WordPress 5.2.1 was released today.
5.2.1. is a maintenance release that includes 33 bug fixes and enhancements – including improvements to the block editor, accessibility, internationalization, and the Site Health feature.
What does it fix?
Issues fixed in the WordPress 5.2.1 Maintenance Release include:
- Prevents a fatal error when upgrading to 5.2.1 from WordPress < 5.2
- Prevents two fatal errors on the error protection page when error occurs in drop-in (e.g. advanced-cache.php)
- PHP/MySQL minimum version requirement checks now return proper error codes when requirements are not met – exit( 1 )
- Improve accuracy of the HTTP requests test in Site Health
- Improve error messages when WordPress update fails due to an incompatible PHP version
For the full list of changes see
How to install update?
As a minor release, by default, the update will install automatically.
If this has been disabled you will need to install by logging into your WordPress administration console and go to the Dashboard -> Updates page.