WordPress 5.2.3 was released on 4 September 2019.
As with any security release – it’s important that you update immediately.
What does it fix?
Issues fixed in the WordPress 5.2.3 Security Release:
- seven relatively minor security fixes
- an issue with how the required PHP version for plugins was being declared
- accessibility improvement for the install font size
- accessibility fix for the ‘my account’ menu not displaying with a high browser zoom
- six accessibility improvements for the media manager
As well as several other fixes.
How to install update?
As a minor release, by default, the update will install automatically.
If this has been disabled you will need to install by logging into your WordPress administration console and go to the Dashboard -> Updates page.